Adam Quenneville Greater Boston is the area’s source for chimney repair and remodeling. It may seem odd, but did you know that water, ice and snow can cause more damage to your chimney than fire? That’s because your chimney is not protected like other elements on your house. It stands steadfast and true against the wind, rain and harsh New England elements. After years of exposure, your chimney can deteriorate, beginning with the flashing and pan, and the step flashing. When water gets under that, it can cause rust on steel and cast iron parts. When the water freezes, it can cause damage and water can leak into your home, causing even more problems and water damage. Flashing is the important seal between your roof and your chimney. It prevents rainwater from seeping into your house and causing rot in your rafters, joists and living areas. We have the technology to weatherize your chimney with quality flashing, pan and step flashing, and create barriers to protect your home against ice and water pouring in from your chimney. We can help you seal your chimney so you can avoid expensive repairs in the future.
- Rust develops on or in your firebox or damper
- Mortar joints are deteriorated and the moisture is seeping in
- Cracked or crumbling tiles are obvious and moisture is evident
- Water damage appears on the wallpaper or walls near your chimney
- Your chimney crown is damaged or missing
- Visible leaks appear on or around your fireplace or chimney
- You notice the flashing is old, cracked, bent or missing